Monday, January 28, 2013

Friends

Throughout this writing process my friends have become a very important part.  I wouldn't be doing this if it wasn't for them and the support they provide keeps me going.  I already said in the last post how I wouldn't have even started if it wasn't for a friend, but it goes farther than that.  I didn't even think about being a writer until one of my friends told me that I should.  I had made up a story about my life that she believed temporarily and she told me that it would make a cool book.  Once she said that it put my mindset in a "could this little snippet idea become a whole book.  That story kept developing in my head and even though it's not a full book, it has definitely become more of a story.  After that more ideas and story started popping in my head and now it's full.  
After my friends writing inspired mine, I found another friend who had been thinking about starting too, so I made her.  Okay so I know it's impossible to make someone write but I told her that I really wanted to read what was bouncing in her head.  It's been amazing going through this process with others that are new to this because I don't feel like such a noob.  She's been motivating me to keep going.  I probably would have stopped by now if it wasn't for her.  
Friends that have gone through this before have been very instrumental too.  Whenever I get nervous about this whole process, they're there to answer my every annoying question.  They have been encouraging and their success inspires me to finish.
Lastly my friends that inspired the characters in the book.  This story wouldn't be what it is without them and they're great personalities.  They have also been wonderful in motivating me to write because I let them read some of it, and they keep asking me when more is coming.
I love you all very much and thank you for helping me on this journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! I'd love to hear from you!